Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jul 16, 2012

REVIEW: Snow White and the Huntsman by Lily Blake

Title: Snow White and the Huntsman
Authors: Lily Blake, Evan Daugherty, John Lee Handcock, Hossein Amini
Format: Paperback
Release Date: June 5th, 2012
Publisher: Poppy
GoodReads / Amazon


"A breathtaking new vision of a legendary tale. Snow White is the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen who is out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with a huntsman 
who was dispatched to kill her."


The reason why I wanted to get this book was because I LOVED the movie. When I saw the book at Target I thought "Ohhhh! The book will probably give even more details! yay!" and then I realized that the book was based on the movie and not the other way around. I still enjoyed the novel. It followed the movie pretty much to the T with only a few changes. What I liked about the book was that you learned a bit more the Huntsman and his story before he met Snow White. In the movie they just refer to him as "The Huntsman" but in the book they actually give him a name, Eric. Everyone deserves to have their own name so I'm happy that they gave him one.

One of the best parts about the book and what drew me in is the layout and design. Before each chapter there is this beautiful page with a creepy/pretty print and the chapter number on it. Before the story begins their is a poem that is written in the most beautiful type! Don't even get me started on the cover! Its dark, pretty, and whimsical and I love it. If you don't want to read the book that's fine but you NEED to flip through it and look at the prettiness while you're at the store.

If you have seen the movie the book is not a must read. I do wish that they had gone a lot more in depth with the characters and plot but all in all it wasn't bad. It was a quick read that I found enjoyable.