Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jul 31, 2012

Contemplating Covers: The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse

Today I am bringing to you a new feature named Contemplating Covers! What is Contemplating Covers you may ask? Well what this feature is all about is the discussion of book covers! It can be about a cover that we are in love with, a cover that we hate, cover preferences, UK cover vs. US cover, whatever! As long as it has to do with book covers it can and will be discussed in Contemplating Covers.

This week is going to be a cover war between the US edition of The Forsaken and the UK edition.
The Forsaken 
by Lisa M. Stasse
GoodReads / Amazon (US) / Amazon (UK)


"A thought-provoking and exciting start to a riveting new dystopian trilogy.

As an obedient orphan of the U.N.A. (the super-country that was once Mexico, the U.S., and Canada), Alenna learned at an early age to blend in and be quiet—having your parents taken by the police will do that to a girl. But Alenna can’t help but stand out when she fails a test that all sixteen-year-olds have to take: The test says she has a high capacity for brutal violence, and so she is sent to The Wheel, an island where all would-be criminals end up.

The life expectancy of prisoners on The Wheel is just two years, but with dirty, violent, and chaotic conditions, the time seems a lot longer as Alenna is forced to deal with civil wars for land ownership and machines that snatch kids out of their makeshift homes. Desperate, she and the other prisoners concoct a potentially fatal plan to flee the island. Survival may seem impossible, but Alenna is determined to achieve it anyway."

I really love both these covers! I haven't read the book yet so I cant tell you which one best fits the book best but I'm leaning on the UK edition on being my favorite. The US cover is beautiful but according to the synopsis I think that the UK fits just a tad bit better. The US cover looks very hipster sci-fi, while the UK cover looks more like a girl who is determined to survive, which is what the story seems to be about. In terms of beauty, I still have to stick with the UK cover. I don't know what it is but I am absolutely in love with it!

I declare the UK cover the winner!

P.S. I can't wait to get my hands on this book! The premise of the story sounds like such a unique dystopian, and that  is hard to find now. Since I'm located in US I'm sure that ill get the US version but nothing will keep me from lusting over the UK cover. Its so pretty you guys, SO pretty!