Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jan 16, 2012

REVIEW: Inheritance by Christopher Paolini


Title: Inheritance
Series: The Inheritance Cycle
Author: Christopher Paolini
Rating: 5 stars
GoodReads


Synopsis:
                "Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.


Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances. 


The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaƫsia? And if so, at what cost?


This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle."


Review:
                                Three days. That is all it took me to read this beautiful book. Inheritance is 849 pages long, 849!!!! And I read it in three days.
                                Inheritance is the fourth and final installment in the Inheritance Cycle. If you’re like me you’ve been lusting over this book for at least 2 years. I had read the first three books (Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr) in a row and then I remember just being in despair about not having any news about the final book. Not even a release date. I did a happy dance when I found out that Inheritance had finally gotten a release date. I had waited for so long and the book did not disappoint!
                                The character development in this book is wonderful. You get to see so many different people grow and change: relationships develop and characters are exposed for what they really are. The plot is amazing. The details are amazing. The writing is amazing. Everything is just amazing.
                                Now all amaziness aside I was a little disappointed in the ending. Don’t get me wrong, it was a good ending and I get why Paolini did what he did but the girlish, romantic side of me was disappointed when two certain characters didn’t end up being together. Putting that aside though I have no complaints, except that the series is over and I want them to go on forever.
                                Go get this book now. Buy it, borrow it, steal it from a friend (just kidding, ask them first. I don’t condone stealing.) I really don’t care, just get your hands on this book! Make sure you’ve read the other books first though because if you haven’t you’ll have absolutely no idea what’s going on.