Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jul 26, 2012

REVIEW: The Assassin and the Empire by Sarah J. Maas

Title: The Assassin and the Empire
Series: Throne of Glass, #0.4
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Format: Kindle eBook
Release Date: July 20, 2012
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children
Goodreads / Amazon (psst...its only 99 cents!)

"Celaena Sardothien is the assassin with everything: a place to call her own, the love of handsome Sam, and, best of all, freedom. Yet, she won’t be truly free until she is far away from her old master, Arobynn Hamel; Celaena must take one last daring assignment that will liberate her forever. But having it all, means you have a lot to lose . . . 


This fourth fantastic e-novella gives readers an inside look at the characters who appear in the full-length novel Throne of Glass. Don’t miss out!"

My emotions you guys, my emotions! I knew that this novella was going to end badly because of the synopsis for Throne of Glass but it made me cry anyway. Not many books can boast making me cry, but this one did. It was just so good. This is by far the best Assassin novella.

The Assassin and the Empire has most of the same characters as Underworld, but I believe that this novella takes place about a year later. Celaena has a lot more raw emotion in this one. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT!  Her compassionate, emotional side comes out which doesn't make Celaena make the most rational decisions at times but it does humanize her. By the end Celaena becomes mentally and emotionally stronger. I still love Sam, even though he does make some foolish decisions. Sam and Celaena together I love. With my whole heart I ship them. They make the perfect little couple, accepting each others flaws and always looking out for each other. And then there is Arobynn...oh how I despise Arobynn. He likes to destroy my happiness and and is just a horrible person. Just...URG! That is all I can say about Arobynn. You ll understand if you've read The Assassin and the Empire, and if you haven't then go read it immediately. It will leave you full of all kinds of feelings. I now anxiously await August 7th for Throne of Glass to come out.