Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jan 2, 2012

REVIEW: The Death Cure by James Dashner



Title: The Death Cure
Author: James Dashner
Rating: 3 ½ stars

Synopsis-
                “Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test. 

What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says. 

The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.
Will anyone survive the Death Cure?”

Review-
                The Death Cure is the third and final installment of The Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner.
                I have mixed feelings about The Death Cure. This book got on my nerves a bit, yet I could not put it down for the life of me. I think my problem may have been that im not the biggest fan of Thomas, the main character. There is something about that boy that annoys me, yet I cant pinpoint the exact thing that I don’t like about him. I think it has to do about his way of speaking and mannerisms.
                What I liked about this book, was I got into it right away. The first two books start out kind of slow and were hard for me to feel excited about until about halfway through when the real action starts. I got into The Death Cure right away and that is something that I absolutely love about a book.
                I don’t think I will ever buy The Death Cure or any of the other books in The Maze Runner trilogy but I definitely suggest that you go check them out from your local library. They are worth a read.